X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended settings for nagios plugins

I would like to setup percona's mysql plugin with nagios. I see that there are several tools with different command line options for nagios.

However, instead of guessing the "warning", "critical" settings as well # of inputs to track, I would like to see if there is already an existing list that I can leverage.

Is there a list of recommended settings for nagios?

Thanks,

- Ankit.

Hello,

Usually, the defaults are recommended thresholds. Here is some example.

Quote:

define command{
    command_name check-mysql-connections
    command_line $USER1$/pmp-check-mysql-status -l $USER3$ -p $USER4$ -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -x Threads_connected -o / -y max_connections -T pct -w 80 -c 95
    }

define command{
    command_name check-mysql-active-threads
    command_line $USER1$/pmp-check-mysql-status -l $USER3$ -p $USER4$ -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -x Threads_running -w 40 -c 100
    }

define command{
    command_name check-mysql-processlist
    command_line $USER1$/pmp-check-mysql-processlist -l $USER3$ -p $USER4$ -H $HOSTADDRESS$
    }

define command{
    command_name check-mysql-innodb
    command_line $USER1$/pmp-check-mysql-innodb -l $USER3$ -p $USER4$ -H $HOSTADDRESS$
    }

define command{
    command_name check-mysql-replication-delay
    command_line $USER1$/pmp-check-mysql-replication-delay -l $USER3$ -p $USER4$ -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 300 -c 600
    }

define command{
    command_name check-mysql-replication-running
    command_line $USER1$/pmp-check-mysql-replication-running -l $USER3$ -p $USER4$ -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c 1
    }

define command{
    command_name check-mysql-deadlocks
    command_line $USER1$/pmp-check-mysql-deadlocks -l $USER3$ -p $USER4$ -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -i 5 -w 12 -c 60
    }

define command{
    command_name check-mysql-table-checksum
    command_line $USER1$/pmp-check-pt-table-checksum -l $USER3$ -p $USER4$ -H $HOSTADDRESS$
    }

And yes, it would be great to have the Nagios config template in the documentation.

Comment

aaahhh ... cool. Thanks.

Comment

Hi, Please tell - where i can find more config templates for percona monitoring tools for Nagios/Icinga?

Comment

Thanks for help, nice discussion, really helpful.

Comment

Hello,

I am a newbie to Nagios and Percona database. I am trying to setup the monitor on nagios core 4.02 to monitor the MySQL Cluster.

I am having hard time to make the monitor to work with the plugins.

I defined the following command on the remote server's nrpe_local.cfg.

pmp-check-mysql-status -l $USER3$ -p $USER4$ -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -x Threads_connected -o / -y max_connections -T pct -w 80 -c 95

(Of course, I replaced the username, password and hostaddress with all the appropriate info.)

and I got the following output on the monitoring server.
            awk: line 8: syntax error at or near )
            awk: line 13: syntax error at or near if
            awk: line 24: syntax error at or near exit
            CRIT Threads_connected / max_connections (pct) = 1.986755
            Performance Data: Threads_connected/max_connections=1.986755;80;95$;0;100
            can someone tell me how to fix it ?

quick question. Am I supposed to define the command line into the remote server's nrpe_local.cfg or should i define it into the monitoring server's commands.cfg?

Could someone shed some light with me?

Thanks for looking at my post and for your help in advance.

I have been scratching my head in these days and still no clues why it's not working.

I am really appreciated for any helps.

Thanks,
            -D

Comment

Thanks weber for sharing the details to setup percona's mysql plugin with nagios. I tried to run the same with the command lines you have given, and it worked well. I will get back to you if there is any error.
              Last edited by scott.nemes; 02-06-2014, 12:15 PM. Reason: Removed spam link

Comment

Working...
              X