Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A closer look at Percona Server 5.6 (now available for download)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A closer look at Percona Server 5.6 (now available for download)

Percona Server 5.6 is now available - and we'd love to get your feedback as well as answer any questions about the new release. Please feel free to share that here or send me a private message and I'll get back to you.
    Percona is glad to announce the first GA (Generally Available) release of Percona Server 5.6.13-61.0 on October 7, 2013. Download it today!
    Last edited by TomD; 10-14-2013, 08:42 AM.
    Is this an emergency? Get immediate assistance from Percona Support 24/7. Click here.

Hi Tom,

I would really like to.
    I compiled the sources with
    cmake -DBUILD_CONFIG=mysql_release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/mysql -DWITH_DEBUG=0 -DENABLED_PROFILING=ON . make on SL6.4 64bit. (Scientific Linux 6.4)
    Running the test suite has the following results

Report from unit tests in /opt/data/install/percona/Percona-Server-5.6.13-rel61.0/mysql-test/var/ctest.log
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The servers were restarted 644 times
    Spent 6016.760 of 8595 seconds executing testcases
    mysql-test-run: WARNING: Got errors/warnings while running tests, please examine '/opt/data/install/percona/Percona-Server-5.6.13-rel61.0/mysql-test/var/log/warnings' for details.

Completed: Failed 4/2747 tests, 99.85% were successful.

Failing test(s): rpl.rpl_spec_variables main.file_contents innodb.percona_changed_page_bmp

The log files in var/log may give you some hint of what went wrong.

If you want to report this error, please read first the documentation
    at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysql-test-suite.html

884 tests were skipped, 206 by the test itself.

Any idea what that means?

By the way: The current Percona-Server-5.5.33-31.1 build and tested this way doesn't have failures.

Best regards
    Andreas

Comment

Hi Andreas, I am checking on this for you. Stay tuned and thanks for the post.
      Tom
      Is this an emergency? Get immediate assistance from Percona Support 24/7. Click here.

Comment

Originally posted by McA View Post
        Failing test(s): rpl.rpl_spec_variables main.file_contents innodb.percona_changed_page_bmp

The log files in var/log may give you some hint of what went wrong.
        Andreas -

What this means depends on how specifically did these tests fail. These failures might be real server bugs, testsuite bugs, or something benign, such as testcase timeouts. If you have saved the full testsuite output, look for what it printed next to these tests (it should have been "test name [ fail ]" with some more details afterwards), If not, then check the var/log/<failing test name> directories.

Thanks,
        Laurynas

Comment

Originally posted by laurynas View Post

Andreas -

What this means depends on how specifically did these tests fail. These failures might be real server bugs, testsuite bugs, or something benign, such as testcase timeouts. If you have saved the full testsuite output, look for what it printed next to these tests (it should have been "test name [ fail ]" with some more details afterwards), If not, then check the var/log/<failing test name> directories.

Thanks,
          Laurynas
          Hi Laurynas, hi Tom and others,

sorry for comming back so late. But I was very busy bringing up a productive site with 5.6.13 just to update it some days later to 5.6.14.
          So you all see, I was so brave to use this new version for a productive site. It felt good util today when we seem to hit a bug.
          After some amount of googling around I found out that it must be bug http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=69005.
          Before I found that bug entry I was really asking myself where to email this bug finding to. I couldn't find a hint on the percona site, where to
          report bugs concerning Percona server to.

I chose Percona server with the hope of better performance AND better quality. When I hit a bug, I don't know whether this is an upstream bug
          or a bug introduced by the Percona experts.

So my question is: Where shall I report bugs concerning Percona server to?

Yes, I know that you want to/must earn money with support contracts, but besides of that I'm pretty sure that you want to keep
          the reputation to be better and faster as the community version, isn't it?

Best regards
          Andreas Mock

Comment

Hi Andreas, you can report bugs here: https://launchpad.net/percona-server Look to the right - and click "Report a bug." You'll need to create a free account if you don't already have one in Launchpad. Thanks for taking the time to report this - we appreciate it very much.

Comment

Working...
            X