GET 24/7 LIVE HELP NOW

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give remote user MySQL root access , How ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give remote user MySQL root access , How ?

Hello Everyone,

Since now i am using percona mysql replication for my replication services, My users are not able to gain mysql root access from remote servers.

I have tried the usual steps, But they dont work

Can any body help me with the steps how can i achieve the same ?

Thank you

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Comment

Hello gmouse,

My apologies for what ever was inappropriate that you have pointed out in my post above !!

To let you know what i have done so far and which is not working is as follows :-

I am trying to give "mysql" root access to the ip '10.222.1.140'

After logging on to 10.222.1.140 i issue these commands in mysql mode :-

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 's0meP@$$@0rd' WITH GRANT OPTION;GRANT ALL ON *.* to root@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 's0meP@$$@0rd'; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'10.222.1.140'IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 's0meP@$$@0rd' WITH GRANT OPTION;GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO root@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 's0meP@$$@0rd';GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO root@'127.0.0.1' IDENTIFIED BY 's0meP@$$@0rd';GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 's0meP@$$@0rd' WITH GRANT OPTION;

All the above statements that i have issued on my server have failed to allow me into the server from remote servers AND yes this is for local network !!!

root@rack02 ~ # mysql -uroot@10.222.1.140 -pEnter password:ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root@10.222.1.14'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I have made sure my FIREWALL is Disabled and i have also FLUSH PRIVILEGES after every statement above.

But nothing works

Kindly let me know what could be missing ?

Comment

You are combining -u and -h for the mysql command. Try this:

mysql -u root -h 10.222.1.140

Your current command uses the username "root@10.222.1.140" to connect to the mysql server on rack02.

See, it is much easier to spot these mistakes when you provide all info

Comment

Appreciate your turn around "gmouse"

I would like to correct a little misunderstanding here....

I am trying to connect FROM "rack02" TO the ip "10.222.1.140" and no matter how i try to connect, i get this error :-

root@rack02 ~ # mysql root@10.222.1.140 -pEnter password:ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)root@rack02 ~ # mysql -u root -h 10.222.1.140ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'10.222.1.218' (using password: YES)

Please suggest a recourse.

Comment

Try this:
            mysql -u root -h 10.222.1.140 -p
            and then enter the correct password.

If that does not work, then check whether the user exists in the mysql.user table and check the password again.

Comment

pheww....

It finally worked

But i am not sure , why wasn't it working all this while, We did not nothing this time except adding "-p" for password in the end of the connecting statement.

Will appreciate if you could clarify.

Thank you

Comment

Without -p, it uses the default settings from my.cnf (on rack02) that may contain a password.

Comment

Fantastic, thank you for the clarification

One quick query, Since i was trying to establish this mysql root connection from my master server to my replication slave server, I had entered the login details of the slave's mysql login credentials in the my.cnf of the master.

Can you let me know do i need to have those details there ?

Thank you for everything so far

Comment

No, they are not necessary in my.cnf.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification,

I'll get back to you if i have any further doubts

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X