Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did check permissions and it appears that was the problem. The user mysql did not have the correct permissions set, once I changed that the config setting appear fine now. Looks like I am getting closer to figuring this problem out thanks to everyone here.

Now the other problem that I am having and hoping that someone could help figure out a way to troubleshoot this problem. Servers that are on high traffic/high alerting segments of the network that report/log-to mysql are showing "lost connection to server" (mysql). This is only occurring on high bandwidth high logging servers. We do not see this on slower rate servers. This is getting logged about 3-5 times per minute, my guess is that for some reason when the server is trying to write to mysql the INSERT is not successful or the connecting is somehow dropped while the INSERT is being conducted.

Are there any debugging commands or changes to the mysql that config file that would help with this connection being dropped problem. Or does anyone have any ideas as to where to look for as I am out of ideas?

Thanks to everyone for helping me with this issue I really appreciate everyones help.

Comment

Sorry for the double reply.

The MySQL server and the reporting server are all on the same network segment/network and do not traverse any firewalls.

The connection dropped error usually shows up about 15-30 secs after the alert is being INSERT to mysql. Heavy load servers usually generate about 50-100 alerts per minute.

Commands?
      I was wondering is there are any advanced debugging commands that will shed some light.

thanks for the quick reply

Comment

You still did not mention error message which it terminates with.

There is some tcpdump like tool for MySQL - I do not remember the name but you can check it on forge.mysql.com

also check out MySQL error logs if there is anything in them which could shed some light.

Comment

Here is what error show up in the messages file.

database: mysql_error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
          SQL=UPDATE server SET last_sid = 0 WHERE sid = 71

Comment

Also would any of this mix or packages cause a problem?

rpm -qa |grep mysql
            mysqlclient14-4.1.14-4.2.c4.1
            mysql-bench-5.0.22-1.centos.1
            mod_auth_mysql-2.6.1-2.2
            php-mysql-5.0.4-5.centos4
            mysql-5.0.22-1.centos.1
            mysql-devel-5.0.22-1.centos.1
            mysql-server-5.0.22-1.centos.1
            libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.6.5-10.RHEL4.1
            mysqlclient10-3.23.58-9.2.c4

Comment

It should not...

Did you check mysql daemon error logs if something like server restarts are where ?

Comment

Working...
              X