Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor performance for MySQL Cluster

Hi,

I am newbie to the MySQL cluster. So if you find anything silly then please take it in your stride.

I am currently using MySQL 5.1.15-beta version.

I have this query as follows:

select count(*) FROM ACC t1, ACC t2 WHERE t1.sip_callid = t2.sip_callid AND ((t1.fromtag = t2.fromtag and t1.totag = t2.totag) OR (t1.fromtag = t2.totag and t1.totag = t2.fromtag)) AND t1.sip_method='INVITE' AND t2.sip_method='BYE' and t1.sip_status ='200' and t1.time>= '2007-02-19 05:00:00' and t1.time<'2007-02-20 05:00:00' order by t1.time;

The ACC table has something 700000+ rows in it and i was lately using this table in MySQL cluster. So when i run this query it takes around 3mins to get the output against the 4secs when the table was having the engine as INNODB.

I have searched the internet to improve the Mysql Cluster performance and found out the two parameters ndb_force_send and ndb_use_exact_count which are significant for the cluster performnace. So i kept the parameter value as
    ndb_force_send = 0
    ndb_use_exact_count = 0

Also i kept the server parameters as follows:
    query_cache_size = 536870912
    query_cache_type = ON

But still i didnt get any fruitful result out of it.
    I also tried by changing the engine_condition_pushdown parameter value to '1' but still no desired result.

Also one thing that surprised me even when i changed the engine_condition_pushdown parameter value to '0' and when i generated the EXPLAIN plan for the above query i could still see the comment as 'Using where with pushed condition'. Any answers for this??

Also i would like to share my Cluster information with you. I am using two data nodes , a Management node and two SQL nodes

NDBD Node Configuration:
    2x Dell Poweredge 2950, 4 GB, 2.4 GHz Dual Xeon Dual core, RAID 10, SAS HDD, 2x1GB Ethernet

MYSQLD Node:
    2x Dell Poweredge 2950, 4 GB, 2.4 Dual Xeon Dual core, RAID5, SCSI HDD, 2x1GB Ethernet

With this kind of network configuration i shouldnt be facing any problems with Mysql cluster performance, as the physical configuration is exactly as suggested by the MySQL guys.
    Plz help me out for all!!!!

Thanks in advance
Working...
X