X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Packages

Any estimate on when http://repo.percona.com/ will be updated with packages for Ubuntu 12.04 Precise?

Thanks,
    -ben

I'm also interested on a answer for the above question ...
    Are there any plans when the repository for Ubuntu Precise will be available?

Comment

We plan to start supporting in the next weeks, but from 5.5.23 onwards (our upcoming release) for the 5.5 series.

Older releases could be specially built by request.

Martin.

Comment

excellent, thanks for the response.

Comment

We are about to switch to percona 5.5 on ubuntu, what do you advise, going for 11.10 repo on 12.04 and upgrade when 12.04 repo is out, or is it a bad move ?

Comment

See if you can wait. Percona Server 5.5.24-26.0 is currently scheduled for release in the first week of June.

Comment

Great thanks for the quick reply. Will it be compatible to get 11.10 repo on 12.04 ? Or do i have to wait (actually we do not have another slave to backup our master and i dont want to let this any longer )

Comment

Hello,

if you could build current percona-server-5.1 packages for precise and put them in your repo it would be awesome!

Thanks,
                Moritz

Comment

Hi mkrinke,

are there any reasons why you don't update to 5.5 once the packages will be provided?

Comment

Boemm,

well we havent upgraded to 5.5 yet but are in the process of upgrading the os to precise - i would not like to do those two major upgrades at once, especially since i havent checked out all the changes which come with percona-server 5.5.

Regards,
                    Moritz

Comment

Well, thats a good reason ... hope you will get the 5.1 version in the new repos ...

Comment

Installing 5.5 Percona on 12.05 with 11.10 right now.

Comment

Precise packages are available for download now: http://www.percona.com/downloads/Percona-Server-5.5/Percona- Server-5.5.24-26.0/deb/precise/

Comment

Working...
                          X