X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InnoDB tablespace inter-version compatibility

Interestingly enough, MyISAM files could be taken from version 4.x into mysql 5, and they seem to working fine, of 'course with _some_ exception described in http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/upgrading-from-4-1.ht ml )
    But I could not found any info about possible innodb compatibility or opposite - can ibdata file be moved from any 4 to 5 version of MySQL? Common sense tell me "no", but why it's missing in docs? Or I must've overlooked it (

Hi,

The exceptions for InnoDB are also mentioned in the same article. So you can make an upgrade, but it's recomended either to redump the data anyway. In some cases `mysql_upgrade` after upgrade may help you.

// Aurimas

Comment

yeah, I read that before, couldn't find anything related to my case ) Also tried to copy ibdata and log files from 4 to 5 - mysql crashes with "mysqld got signal 10;" when trying to run any select query...

Comment

Interesting. As I understand, only queries to InnoDB tables crash the MySQL daemon, right? Do these statements modify the data or do they only try to select it? Have you tried to dump any InnoDB table? What are the minor mysql versions you are upgrading from and to?

Comment

Working...
        X