GET 24/7 LIVE HELP NOW

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you recommend change MyISAM to InnoDB ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you recommend change MyISAM to InnoDB ?

Com_replace 1714Com_insert 44551Com_delete 417231Com_update 794975Com_select 660554Table_locks_immediate 2177056 Table_locks_waited 1525

do you recommend change MyISAM to InnoDB ?

And if I decide to change storage engine, can I change it by mysqldump, just change from MyISAM to InnoDB in dump? and can I do MyISAM -> InnoDB, InnoDB -> MyISAM convert by mysqldump?

thanks a lot

innodb has many other advantages other than row level locking. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InnoDB

The only disadvantage is that row size increases by 18 bytes, which is very noticable if you have a very large table with very small row size.

easiest way is alter table yourtbl engine=innodb;

Comment

But Am I right that if number of select queries <= update,insert queries than Inndb is more preferable?
      But I'm still in hesitation, because Table_locks_waited is not big as I expected.

Comment

silent-ion wrote on Sat, 29 May 2010 14:17

But Am I right that if number of select queries <= update,insert queries than Inndb is more preferable?

Yes, the row level locking vs table level locking is very noticeable when the rate of insert/updates/deletes increase.

silent-ion wrote on Sat, 29 May 2010 14:17

But I'm still in hesitation, because Table_locks_waited is not big as I expected.

Well it is 1/1427 which is not really high but not really low either.

As for changing a table to InnoDB or MyISAM you only have to:

ALTER TABLE yourTable ENGINE=InnoDB;

But notice that if you have a large table that it can take a _long_ time.

And remember that you have to reconfigure a lot of server variables when you are switching from MyISAM to InnoDB.

Comment

Working...
        X