Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Settings for MySQL?//Out of memory error

Hallo,

since a few weeks I´m searching for a solutoin for my MySQL Problem that makes me crazy. I will try to explain it good as possible (sorry if I use bad english).

I have a soccer browsergame (hobby project) with about 2000 users. In the main time there are about 200-300 users at the same time online and also a game engine calculated the matches. This calculation will take about 15 minutes. For the users there is a Live-Ticker witch is refreshed every minute and it shows them the matches in "real-time" (105 minutes until ending). Between 1,5 and 2,5 hours after the matches are starting (so it could be that they are complety finshed) our server crashed down. In Protocol I find some messages like this: mysqld: Out of memory (Needed 1372680 bytes)

We use an AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ Processor and 4 GB Ram (Windows 2003 Server) for the Database Server. The Webserver is installed on a seperate machine. The defalut storage is InnoDB but we have much MyISAM tables (a historical thing) in our database.

I think we have not set up the parameters rigt. I hope some of you will see what we make wrong and can give me a tip how to make it better.

This is our my.ini:

# CLIENT SECTION
    # ------------------------------------------------------------ ----------
    QL client library initialization.
    #
    [client]

port=3306

[mysql]

default-character-set=latin1

# SERVER SECTION
    # ------------------------------------------------------------ ----------

[mysqld]

port=3306

basedir="C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.1/"

datadir="C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.1/Data/"

default-character-set=latin1

default-storage-engine=INNODB

sql-mode=" STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_ SUBSTITUTI ON "

max_connections=1000

query_cache_size=1000M

table_cache=512

tmp_table_size=64M

thread_cache_size=8

#*** MyISAM Specific options

myisam_max_sort_file_size=1000M

myisam_max_extra_sort_file_size=1000M

myisam_sort_buffer_size=35M

key_buffer_size=512M

read_buffer_size=2M
    read_rnd_buffer_size=8M

sort_buffer_size=64M

#*** INNODB Specific options ***

innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=4M

innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1

innodb_log_buffer_size=4M

innodb_buffer_pool_size=512M

innodb_log_file_size=24M

innodb_thread_concurrency=8

log-slow-queries=slowQuery.log

long_query_time=2

log-queries-not-using-indexes

log-warnings

log-error=errorLog.log

No one here who know how to change the setting in my.ini for a 4GB machine? (

Comment

I had the same problem before. I didn't know how to fix it but since I was messing with memory buffer size and etc at the time, I used MySQL server instant config wizard and with the my.ini file made by the wizard, mysql server became stable.

Comment

so.nakagawa wrote on Wed, 09 January 2008 17:45

I had the same problem before. I didn't know how to fix it but since I was messing with memory buffer size and etc at the time, I used MySQL server instant config wizard and with the my.ini file made by the wizard, mysql server became stable.

Is it possible that you post your My.ini here? And also how much RAM your Server have? Thanks in Advance.

Comment

I just registered to tell you to look at the sample my.cnf that comes with the binaries (share/mysql/my-*.cnf). You probably want 'my-innodb-heavy-4G.cnf'

Comment

sure. actually i posted question too and i put all the info so you can go to my thread to see our server's setup

http://forum.mysqlperformanceblog.co...2478/#msg_2478" target="_blank">http://forum.mysqlperformanceblog.co...2478/#msg_2478

Comment

Working...
            X