Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitoring MySQL Queries

hello,

are there any tools to monitor which queries have been executed on the mysql server and especially how long they took?

thank you very much!

Do you have phpMyAdmin?... I'm using it when I want to check the load, SQL command is:
    SHOW PROCESSLIST

Hope this helps~.

Comment

hello jcn50,

thank you for your reply.
      unfortunately this doesn't help me.

let me make it a little bit more clear:
      i have a php script with several mysql queries. until i can use show processlist, they are already done. i need a tool that logs all ever executed queries and how long they took. i'm wondering if this isn't maybe already included in mysql as some kind of detailed logging?

Comment

You need to turn the LOG feature ON in the mySQL config file (my.ini).

Is your mySQL server on your computer? Or shared hosting?

Comment

I have a better idea for you: you can measure the time your query took, within your script... just take the time before the query, and after.... and you're done~.

Comment

Since you code in PHP, it could look like this:

list($usec, $sec) = explode(' ',microtime());
            $querytime_before = ((float)$usec + (float)$sec);

$result = YOUR QUERY/QUERIES ;

list($usec, $sec) = explode(' ',microtime());
            $querytime_after = ((float)$usec + (float)$sec);

Your time, in seconds, is in $querytime = $querytime_after - $querytime_before.

This is not a PHP forum D .

Comment

hello,

thank you again for your reply. yes, mysql is running on my local pc, where i'm developing and need the execution times to do some optimations.
              i've googled a little bit and activated logging (mysql -l). a log looks like this:

mysqld, Version: 5.0.45-community-nt-log (MySQL Community Edition (GPL)). started with:TCP Port: 0, Named Pipe: (null)Time Id Command Argument070902 18:35:01 1 Connect root@localhost on testdb 1 Query select * from testtab

well, starting time is included and the query, but not how long the query took ):
              i also couldn't find something about an additional option for this?

Comment

Tell me if the upper code was OK for you.

Comment

sorry, was writing while you posted and didn't see your code!
                  i know this can be done in php, but using mysql i wouldn't have to change anything in my php script, could also easily analyze other scripts, which aren't written by me.

Comment

Working...
                  X