GET 24/7 LIVE HELP NOW

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I recover InnoDB: is in the future! error?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I recover InnoDB: is in the future! error?

I have all the files, but I can't get the server up and running, I get the error...
    InnoDB: is in the future! What is the best way to recover this error? I also don't have backups. And innodb recovery 1-6 doesn't help either.
    Last edited by italiano40; 06-22-2014, 01:52 AM.

Nickolay Ihalainen wrote about this recently on Percona's MySQL Performance Blog. Here's the url.

The second paragraph addresses this problem: "Now for the problem: LSN being in the future"

Here's a portion of that post...

When you have set innodb_force_recovery like this:
    innodb_force_recovery=6
    and then issue a data affecting query.
    For example, if you are dropping a corrupted table after doing a mysqldump for backup purposes, InnoDB will save an incorrect LSN to ibdata1 and you will have an error message in the mysqld error log after each server restart:

120323 4:38:52 InnoDB: Error: page 0 log sequence number 6094071743825
    InnoDB: is in the future! Current system log sequence number 10000.
    The solution: some methods to change the LSN

Usually the safest method to fix the LSN is to insert/delete the required amount of data.

Read the entire post for more info: http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/...r-lsn-forward/
    Is this an emergency? Get immediate assistance from Percona Support 24/7. Click here.

Comment

@TomD, actually what I did was just rebuild the ibdata by dropping the table from table space and reimporting it.

Comment

Working...
      X