Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

MySQL Performance: Choosing the Right Tool for the Job" Webinar - follow up question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL Performance: Choosing the Right Tool for the Job" Webinar - follow up question

Dear Percona

I recently attended the Webinar: "Optimizing MySQL Performance: Choosing the Right Tool for the Job" Webinar”
    First and foremost thank you for an enlightening seminar. During the seminar I asked what to do if you encountered errors like:
    (Got timeout reading communication packets)
    Would you be able to provide a bit more insight into how to solve this kind of errors? I have checked two of our servers running Percona 5.6 and they are littered with these errors.
    Basic info:
    • CloudLinux 6.5
    • Percona 5.6
    • cPanel 11.42.1
    • PHP 5.4
    • Apache 2.4
    • Xeon 12 cores
    • 64GB memory
    • 3TB SATA3 HDD’s
    I will be happy to provide you with any further info required

Hi josuablirup,

I'll ask the presenter, Percona support engineer Marcos Albe, to try and help here. In the meantime, here's a link to that webinar where you can also replay it in it's entirety.

http://www.percona.com/resources/mys...right-tool-job
    Is this an emergency? Get immediate assistance from Percona Support 24/7. Click here.

Comment

Hey Tom

Has there been any update regarding this?

Best regards
      Josua

Comment

I've checked again with him, Josua - I think he was on vacation the first time I sent him an email on it. Hopefully he'll be able to point you in the right direction.
        Is this an emergency? Get immediate assistance from Percona Support 24/7. Click here.

Comment

Joshua,

I would start by checking output of netstat -s to verify network is healthy.

Also send us output here of SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES LIKE '%timeout%'; so we can check the settings are appropriate and there's not too-short timeout.

Do you keep a log in the application? What does that log shows about connections to MySQL?

Best!

Marcos

Comment

Working...
          X