Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODBC Seg Faults

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ODBC Seg Faults

    Hey everyone,

    I found that programs that use ODBC to connect to Percona Server via the supplied libmysqlclient library's will seg fault rather reliably.

    We are using Ubuntu 12.04 and Percona is installed from the Percona repository. libmysqlclient18 is 5.5.33-rel31.1-568.precise and the server version is 5.5.33-rel31.1-568.precise.

    To work around this problem, we simply copied the distribution's copy of the libmysqlclient library on to the server and corrected the symlinks.

    Here is how to produce the error:

    --------------

    $ echo 'select 1'| isql myODBCdb
    +---------------------------------------+
    | Connected! |
    | |
    | sql-statement |
    | help [tablename] |
    | quit |
    | |
    +---------------------------------------+
    SQL> select 1
    +---------------------+
    | 1 |
    +---------------------+
    | 1 |
    +---------------------+
    SQLRowCount returns 1
    1 rows fetched
    Segmentation fault

    --------------

    Here is how we fixed the problem:

    --------------

    $ scp vanillia_ubuntu:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0 .
    $ sudo cp libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
    $ ls -la /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.18
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Oct 31 13:34 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.18 -> libmysqlclient_r.so.18.1.0
    $ sudo mv /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.18 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.18.old

    $ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.18
    $ ls -la /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.18
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 50 Oct 31 14:06 /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.18 -> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libmysqlclient.so.18.0.0



    $ echo 'select 1'| isql myODBCdb
    +---------------------------------------+
    | Connected! |
    | |
    | sql-statement |
    | help [tablename] |
    | quit |
    | |
    +---------------------------------------+
    SQL> select 1
    +---------------------+
    | 1 |
    +---------------------+
    | 1 |
    +---------------------+
    SQLRowCount returns 1
    1 rows fetched

    --------------

    I would like to figure out a better solution in the long run as this is just a quick and dirty work around.

    I suspect that rebuilding various ODBC packages in Ubuntu with Percona's versions of the MySQL client libraries would possibly solve the issue but I have not looked into that as of yet.
Working...
X