]]> Call us: 1-888-316-9775 • Contact Us
MySQL and InnoDB are trademarks of Oracle Corp.
Proudly running Percona Server
Copyright © 2006-2013 Percona Inc.
- Support for desc btree index
- Make enhancements to Innodb to take advantage of flash/ssds.
- Disable statistic collection unless explicitly requested
- Build A cache for stats so they could be modfied or locked in place
- Look at speeding the performance of the doublewrite buffer
- Pin table/object in buffer pool ( similar to LRU )
- Parallel query
- Port Global Transaction ID from Google V4 patch
- Port binary log checksums from v4 Google patch
- Add replication load statistics.
Optionally take tables offline when they see corruption instead of crashing the whole server.
Make InnoDB data recovery faster. See http://dammit.lt/2008/10/26/innodb-crash-recovery/
Import/Export Innodb tablespaces
- Create multiple LRU's in Innodb, each LRU can be assigned tables. This means you can effectively have “multiple” buffer pools. Assigning table A to LRU1, and table B to LRU2 would means when you load data from table B only table B pages already in the BP would be removed to make room for other Table B pages.
- Create a way to prioritize tables in the buffer pool. Higher priority tables would have greater stickiness in the BP.
- Include Waffle Grid Code into XtraDB
- Build an easy frame work to allow for cross shard joins
- Non-blocking schema changes
- Query Timeouts
- Add CPU & IO Resource limits for user and per query
- Add different classes or tiers of users ( i.e. users with higher priority get more cpu time )
- Online move of table data ( with file per table ) from server to server
- Database migration from system to system
- Per database/schema cpu, io stats
- Allocate active connections ( innodb thread conncurecny ) per database/user
- Instead of writing into slow-log file, keep log records in memory and we should be able to retrieve them by SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SLOW_LOG.
- Show more information on filesorts.
- Create a counter to track the size of the largest implicit temporary table created
- show temp table stats, current size/number
- Add CPU Time in the processlist
- Enhanced show mutex status
- Add age of transaction into the processlist
- Add slow log information into the process list
- Move deadlock output to the end of show innodb status
- Implement ability to examine “raw” table/index pages (location, size, free space etc).
Make SYS_TABLES/SYS_INDEXES tables accessible in a read-only fashion.
- Add (optionally) queries executed with error to the slow query log with their error code.
- Add innodb deadlock status variable
- create result set checksum for slow query log
- Add microsecond datetime to slow query log
- Add slowlog handler stats
- Log slow queries from Stored procs
- Show data from Table and Tablespace Monitor via INFORMATION_SCHEMA
- Dump pages from given tablespace
- Show information about Tablespaces and their sizes
- Show undo slots information
- Show detailed flush stats ( how long & howmany pages each flush took )
- Show memory consumed by InnoDB mutexes in SHOW INNODB STATUS
- Track more Ibuf details
- Integrate patch from Ebay to permit the Memory storage engine to have variable-length rows.
- 5.1 partitioning to support different storage engines
- Increase the number of internal innodb settings that are server variables ( i.e. fill factor )
Make InnoDB data dictionary LRU based so tables don't stay open forever.
- Replace zlib compression with bzip2
- Make zlib compression a server variable
- Make the doublewrite buffer's size configurable, assuming it is beneficial.
Fix open table scalability. See http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2006/11/21/opening-tables-scalability/
- open innodb tables in parallel
Use several rollback segments
- Allow you to set the innodb fill factor
- It would be good to set Innodb log files to be set as sequential access and say do not cache for data files.
- Flush table from buffer pool
- Dynamically increase the size of the buffer pool
Large CPU usage of InnoDB crash recovery with a big buf pool create a shared compat package for the build
- add bmdiffcompression
- Clean Buff Pool ( i.e. flush buffer pool command )
Create datafiles/tablespaces and assign tables to them
- Better space reclaimation
- subsecond time datatype
- port innodb-io-pattern-patch
- port google v4 patches to percona builds
- Report query return codes in MySQL slow log
- Make build Options available via information schema/show something like SHOW BUILDINFO
- Log of Queries in shared memory; Available to retrieve remotely
- INNODB THREADS STATUS show what Innodb background threads are doing
- SSD mode for Innodb
- Limit size of Innodb undo space
- Add information about deadlocks and row wait timeouts
- Can we have adaptive spinlock which spin based on history ?
- More transaparency and tunables for adaptive hash index
Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license:CC Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported