Based on MySQL 5.6.5, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.5-60.0 is the first ALPHA release in the 5.6 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.6.5-60.0 milestone at Launchpad.
This release does NOT include all the features and fixes in Percona Server 5.5. A list of features included is provided below.
- Fixed upstream MySQL bug #49336, mysqlbinlog couldn’t handle stdin when “|” was used. Bug fixed: #933969 (Sergei Glushchenko).
- Fixed upstream MySQL bug #65946, which could cause the server to segfault if if using libeatmydata (and possibly other LD_PRELOADs). Bug fixed: #933969 (Stewart Smith).
- Added the TIME_MS column in the PROCESSLIST table
- Ignoring missing tables in mysqldump feature has been ported from Percona Server 5.5
- fast_index_creation feature has been ported from Percona Server 5.5
- Temporary tables information have been added to the INFORMATION_SCHEMA database
- The optimizer_fix variable from Percona Server 5.5 will not be present in 5.6