+1-208-473-2904 (USA - Sales)
0-800-051-8984 (UK - Sales)
0-800-181-0665 (GER - Sales)
Based on MySQL 5.5.24, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.5.24-26.0 is now the current stable release in the 5.5 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.24-26.0 milestone at Launchpad.
- Percona PAM Authentication Plugin has now been integrated into the Percona Server.
- Percona Server has implemented variable enforce_storage_engine which can be used for enforcing the use of a specific storage engine.
- New column, TOTAL_CONNECTIONS_SSL, has been added in the CLIENT_STATISTICS, THREAD_STATISTICS and USER_STATISTICS tables in the INFORMATION_SCHEMA database.
- A Server acting as a replication slave with the query cache enabled could crash with glibc detected memory corruption. This bug was introduced in MySQL 5.5.18 and Percona Server inherited it from MySQL. Bug fixed #915814 (George Ormond Lorch III).
- Loading LRU dump was preventing shutdown. Bug fixed #712055 (George Ormond Lorch III).
- A crash could leave behind an InnoDB temporary table with temporary indexes resulting in an unbootable server. Bug fixed #999147 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- Since the output file is simply overwritten when dumping the LRU list, we could end up with a partially written dump file in case of a crash, or when making a backup copy of it. Safer approach has been implemente. It now dumps to a temporary file first, and then rename it to the actual dump file. Bug fixed #686392 (George Ormond Lorch III).
- LRU messages are now more verbose for LRU dump. Bug fixed #713481 (George Ormond Lorch III).
- Building Percona Server with the Clang compiler resulted in a compiler error. Bug fixed #997496 (Alexey Kopytov).
- Variable thread_statistics was a reserved word in Percona Server 5.5. As a result, the server variable with that name had to be quoted with backticks when used. Bug fixed #997036 (Vladislav Lesin).