Percona Server 5.1.49-rel12.0
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server 5.1.49-rel12.0 on September 15th, 2010 (Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories).
- Percona Server 5.1.49-rel12.0 is based on MySQL 5.1.49.
- New features added:
- Error Code Compatibility - Implements error code compatibilities with MySQL 5.5. (Oleg Tsarev)
- query_cache_totally_disable - Allows the user to disable use of the query cache. (Oleg Tsarev, backport from MySQL 5.5)
- show_engines - Changes SHOW STORAGE ENGINES to report XtraDB when appropriate. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Remove Excessive Function Calls (fcntl) - Removes excessive fcntl calls. (Oleg Tsarev, port from FaceBook tree)
- Prevent Caching to FlashCache - Prevents blocks of data from being cached to FlashCache during a query. (Oleg Tsarev, port from FaceBook tree)
- status_wait_query_cache_mutex - Provides a new thread state - “Waiting on query cache mutex”. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Too Many Connections Warning - Issues the warning “Too many connection” if log_warnings is enabled. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Response Time Distribution - Counts queries with very short execution times and groups them by time interval. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Shared Memory Buffer Pool - Allows storing the buffer pool in a shared memory segment between restarts of the server. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Option Log All Client Commands (syslog) was added to the MySQL client. If enabled, all commands run on the client are logged to syslog. (Oleg Tsarev)
- New variables introduced:
- Improved InnoDB I/O Scalability - Implements a session-level version of the MySQL global system variable innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Fast Index Creation - Allows disabling of fast index creation. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- InnoDB Statistics- If ON, the table’s statistics are stored statically in the internal table SYS_STATS. The table is populated with the ANALYZE TABLE command. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #576041 - Fixes long stalls while accessing the innodb_buffer_pool_pages_index table on systems with a large number of tables.
- Bug #592007 - More strictly enforces the maximum purge delay defined by innodb_max_purge_lag by removing the requirement that purge operations be delayed if an old consistent read view exists that could see the rows to be purged.
- Bug #607449 - Fixes a crash during shutdown when userstat_running=1.
- Bug #612954 - Fixes a problem with SHOW PROCESSLIST displaying an incorrect time.
- Bug #610525 - Reduces the number of compile time errors when the server is rebuilt.
- Bug #569275 - Fixes a crash when XtraDB shuts down in “crash resistent mode”.
- Bug #589484 - Adds reporting of the query cache mutex status in SHOW PROCESSLIST.
- Bug #606965 - Allows preventing data caching to flash storage during a query.
- Bug #606810 - Ports a fix from to remove excessive fcntl calls.
- Bug #609027 - Allows query cache use to be completely disabled
- Bug #600352 - Fixes SHOW STORAGE ENGINES to correctly report “Percona-XtraDB” rather than “InnoDB”