Percona Server 5.1.49-rel12.0
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server 5.1.49-rel12.0 on September 15th, 2010 (Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories).
- Percona Server 5.1.49-rel12.0 is based on MySQL 5.1.49.
- New features added:
- Error Code Compatibility - Implements error code compatibilities with MySQL 5.5. (Oleg Tsarev)
- query_cache_totally_disable - Allows the user to disable use of the query cache. (Oleg Tsarev, backport from MySQL 5.5)
- show_engines - Changes SHOW STORAGE ENGINES to report XtraDB when appropriate. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Remove Excessive Function Calls (fcntl) - Removes excessive fcntl calls. (Oleg Tsarev, port from FaceBook tree)
- Prevent Caching to FlashCache - Prevents blocks of data from being cached to FlashCache during a query. (Oleg Tsarev, port from FaceBook tree)
- status_wait_query_cache_mutex - Provides a new thread state - “Waiting on query cache mutex”. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Too Many Connections Warning - Issues the warning “Too many connection” if log_warnings is enabled. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Response Time Distribution - Counts queries with very short execution times and groups them by time interval. (Oleg Tsarev)
- Shared Memory Buffer Pool - Allows storing the buffer pool in a shared memory segment between restarts of the server. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Option Log All Client Commands (syslog) was added to the MySQL client. If enabled, all commands run on the client are logged to syslog. (Oleg Tsarev)
- New variables introduced:
- Improved InnoDB I/O Scalability - Implements a session-level version of the MySQL global system variable innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Fast Index Creation - Allows disabling of fast index creation. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- InnoDB Statistics- If ON, the table’s statistics are stored statically in the internal table SYS_STATS. The table is populated with the ANALYZE TABLE command. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #576041 - Fixes long stalls while accessing the innodb_buffer_pool_pages_index table on systems with a large number of tables.
- Bug #592007 - More strictly enforces the maximum purge delay defined by innodb_max_purge_lag by removing the requirement that purge operations be delayed if an old consistent read view exists that could see the rows to be purged.
- Bug #607449 - Fixes a crash during shutdown when userstat_running=1.
- Bug #612954 - Fixes a problem with SHOW PROCESSLIST displaying an incorrect time.
- Bug #610525 - Reduces the number of compile time errors when the server is rebuilt.
- Bug #569275 - Fixes a crash when XtraDB shuts down in “crash resistent mode”.
- Bug #589484 - Adds reporting of the query cache mutex status in SHOW PROCESSLIST.
- Bug #606965 - Allows preventing data caching to flash storage during a query.
- Bug #606810 - Ports a fix from to remove excessive fcntl calls.
- Bug #609027 - Allows query cache use to be completely disabled
- Bug #600352 - Fixes SHOW STORAGE ENGINES to correctly report “Percona-XtraDB” rather than “InnoDB”
This documentation is developed in Launchpad as part of the Percona Server source code
If you spotted innacuracies, errors, don't understood it or you think something is missing or should be improved, please file a bug