This document shows you how to add graphs to an existing template. Much of the technical background is covered in the documentation on creating graphs, so you can treat this page as a quick-reference.
Here’s what to do:
- Make sure there is a blueprint, so the work is identified and tracked.
- Do whatever’s necessary to return the data items from the script (usually as integers, not floats, unless you’re using GAUGE).
- Add the data items to the magic array.
- Write tests as appropriate.
- Ensure all existing tests still pass.
- Add a new graph definition in the definitions/ Perl file.
- Add the new data items to the end of the definitions/ Perl file, in the input.
- Make the hashes unique.
- Test the graphs. Don’t forget to upgrade the PHP script!
- Update the documentation. Add new samples and explanatory text.