Twice each year members of the global open-source community converge on London in November and Santa Clara in April to network with, and learn from, some of the world’s most experienced and accomplished system architects, developers and DBAs.
And now it’s time for YOU to give back to this diverse and growing MySQL community. The Call for Speakers for Percona Live London (Nov. 3-4) closes Aug. 17 and the deadline for submitting talks for the ever-growing Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo (April 13-16, 2015) expires Nov. 9.
If you like putting things off until the last minute, then it’s time to get to work! Aug. 17 is just two days away and November will be here before you know it (think of how fast summer has gone by already).
Close your eyes and visualize the beauty of London in November (well, usually)…. And who doesn’t enjoy spring in Silicon Valley? Think BIG: Why not submit papers for BOTH conferences? Be a MySQL jetsetter! If your proposal(s) is approved by the Conference Committee then you’ll receive a complimentary full-conference pass. (You’ll have to pay for London’s fish ‘n’ chips and Santa Clara’s famed fish tacos, though. Sorry!)
I’ve said it before (yes, just up above, but it’s important): Your participation in Percona Live London and the Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo are opportunities to make a difference… to give back to the MySQL community. Don’t worry about being fancy. Some of the most popular talks have been on simple topics. Many people come to the conferences to learn – and we need content for MySQL newcomers as well as the veterans.
Struggling to come up with an idea? Share what you know; share what you’ve learned… the good, the bad and the ugly. These stories are gold and you owe it to the MySQL community to share them – because doing so could save the day of those who hear your tale.
It’s GO time….
- Click here to submit your speaker proposal (yes, more than one submission is OK) for Percona Live London (November 3-4 at the Millennium Gloucester Conference Center).
- Click here to submit your speaker proposal (again, the more the merrier) for the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 (April 13-16, 2015 at The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center).
Questions? Need some advice or help with your submission? Let me know in the comments section and we can connect via email. I look forward to hearing from you! I also have five limited-edition Percona t-shirts to send to the first five people who submit a talk and let me know about it here in the comments section (and yes, I will check to confirm!).
One more (OK, more than one) thing:
- Phone your colleagues, friends and family alerting them that Early Bird pricing for Percona Live London ends Aug. 31!
- Super Saver registration discounts for the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 are available through Nov. 16 (at 11:30 p.m. PST)!
- Sponsorship opportunities (this is HUGE!) for next April’s Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 are available! Sponsors become a part of a dynamic and growing ecosystem and interact with more than 1,000 DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solutions vendors, and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Current (very cool) sponsors include:
- Diamond Plus: Continuent
- Gold: Pythian
- Silver: Box and Yelp
- Exhibit Only: Blackbird
- Media Sponsor: Database Trends & Applications , Datanami, Linux Journal, and O’Reilly Media
Pssst! One more thing (yes, yet another!): These are the people you must impress when submitting a speaker proposal…. (the more you know!)
Meet the Conference Committees!
Percona Live London and the 2015 Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 each features a dedicated Conference Committee.
Percona Live London’s Conference Committee:
- Cédric Peintre, DBA at Dailymotion
- David Busby, Remote DBA EMEA Regional Lead/RDBA Security Lead at Percona
- Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist, MariaDB
- Luis Motta Campos, DBA at ebay Classifieds Group
- Nicolai Plum, Senior Systems Architect at Booking.com
- Morgan Tocker, MySQL Community Manager at Oracle
- Art van Scheppingen, Head of database engineering at Spil Games
The Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2015 Conference Committee:
- Tamar Bercovici, Senior Engineering Manager at Box
- Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist for MariaDB
- Sean Chighizola, Senior Director of IT Operations at Big Fish Games
- Jeremy Cole, Sr. Systems Engineer at Google
- Harrison Fisk, MySQL Performance Engineer at Facebook
- Patrick Galbraith, Principal Engineer at HP
- Jay Janssen, Consulting Lead at Percona
- Shlomi Noach, Senior Software Engineer at Outbrain (Conference Chairman)
- Chris Schneider, Database Architect at Groupon
- John Scott, Lead Database Administrator at Wellcentive
- Gwen Shapira, Solutions Architect at Cloudera
- Shivinder Singh, Database Architect and Engineer at Verizon Wireless
- Calvin Sun, Senior Engineering Manager at Twitter
- Morgan Tocker, MySQL Community Manager at Oracle
- Peter Zaitsev, Co-founder and CEO of Percona