Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Toolkit 2.2.10 on August 8, 2014 (downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.2 series.
- Fixed bug 1287253: pt-table-checksum would exit with error if it would encounter deadlock when doing checksum. This was fixed by retrying the command in case of deadlock error.
- Fixed bug 1311654: When used with Percona XtraDB Cluster, pt-table-checksum could show incorrect result if
--resumeoption was used. This was fixed by adding a new
--replicate-check-retriescommand line parameter. If you are having resume problems you can now set -
-replicate-check-retriesN , where N is the number of times to retry a discrepant checksum (default = 1 , no retries). Setting a value of
3is enough to completely eliminate spurious differences.
- Fixed bug 1299387: pt-query-digest didn’t work correctly due to a changed logging format when field
Thread_idhas been renamed to
Id. Fixed by implementing support for the new format.
- Fixed bug 1340728: in some cases, where the index was of type “hash” , pt-online-schema-change would refuse to run because MySQL reported it would not use an index for the select. This check should have been able to be skipped using
--nocheck-planoption, but it wasn’t. Option
--nocheck-plannow ignores the chosen index correctly.
- Fixed bug 1253872: When running pt-table-checksum or pt-online-schema on a server that is unused, setting the 20% max load would fail due to tools rounding the value down. This has been fixed by rounding the value up.
- Fixed bug 1340364: Due to incompatibility of dash and bash syntax some shell tools were showing error when queried for version.
Percona Toolkit is free and open-source. Details of the release can be found in the release notes and the 2.2.10 milestone at Launchpad. Bugs can be reported on the Percona Toolkit launchpad bug tracker.