Based on MySQL 5.6.19, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.19-67.0 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free. Complete details of this release can be found in the 5.6.19-67.0 milestone on Launchpad.
- Percona has merged a contributed patch by Kostja Osipov implementing the Multiple user level locks per connection feature. This feature fixes the upstream bugs: #1118 and #67806.
- TokuDB storage engine support is now considered general availability (GA) quality. The TokuDB storage engine from Tokutek improves scalability and the operational efficiency of MySQL with faster performance and increased compression. It is available as a separate package and can be installed along with the Percona Server by following the instructions in the release documentation.
- Percona Server now supports the MTR
--valgrindoption for a server that is either statically or dynamically linked with
libperconaserverclient18.1package was missing the library files. Bug fixed #1329911.
- Percona Server introduced a regression in 5.6.17-66.0 when support for TokuDB storage engine was initially introduced. This regression caused spurious “
wrong table structure” errors for
PERFORMANCE_SCHEMAtables. Bug fixed #1329772.
- Race condition in group commit code could lead to a race condition in
PFSinstrumentation code resulting in a server crash. Bug fixed #1309026 (upstream #72681).
NOTE: There was no Percona Server 5.6.18 release because there was no MySQL Community Server 5.6.18 release. That version number was used for a MySQL Enterprise Edition release to address the OpenSSL “Heartbleed” issue.