Based on Percona Server 5.5.37-35.0 including all the bug fixes in it, Galera Replicator 2.10 (including fixes in 2.9 and 2.10 milestones) and on wsrep API 25.10 (including fixes in 25.10), Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.5.37-25.10 is now the current stable release. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster now supports stream compression/decompression with new xtrabackup-sst compressor/decompressor options.
Garbdinit script and configuration files have been packaged for CentOS and Debian, in addition, in Debian
garbdis packaged separately in
- New meta packages are now available in order to make the Percona XtraDB Cluster installation easier.
- Debian/Ubuntu debug packages are now available for Galera and garbd.
- New SST options have been implemented: inno-backup-opts, inno-apply-opts, inno-move-opts which pass options to backup, apply and move stages of
- Initial configurable timeout, of 100 seconds, to receive a first packet via SST has been implemented, so that if donor dies somewhere in between, joiner doesn’t hang. Timeout can be configured with the sst-initial-timeout variable.
- The joiner would wait and not fall back to choosing other potential donor nodes (not listed in wsrep_sst_donor) by their state. This happened even when comma was added at the end. This fixes it for that particular case.
- Support for Query Cache has been implemented.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster packages are now available for Ubuntu 14.04.
- To avoid disabling Parallel Apply in case of
ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINTthe wsrep_cert_deps_distance was set to
1.0at all times. Bug fixed #1277703.
- First connection would hang after changing the wsrep_cluster_address variable. Bug fixed #1022250.
gmcast.listen_addrvariable was set manually it did not allow node’s own address in
gcommaddress list. Bug fixed #1099478.
wsrep_sst_rsyncwould silently fail on joiner when
rsyncserver port was already taken. Bug fixed #1099783.
- Server would segfault on
INSERT DELAYEDwith wsrep_replicate_myisam set to
1due to unchecked dereference of
NULLpointer. Bug fixed #1165958.
grastate.datfile was not getting zeroed appropriately it would lead to RBR error during the IST. Bug fixed #1180791.
- Due to the
Provides:line in Percona XtraDB Cluster (which provides
Percona-Server-server), the command
yum install Percona-Server-serverwould install Percona XtraDB Cluster instead of the expected Percona Server. Bug fixed #1201499.
- Replication of partition tables without binlogging enabled failed, partition truncation didn’t work because of lack of TO isolation there. Bug fixed #1219605.
- Exception during group merge after partitioning event has been fixed. Bug fixed #1232747.
- Default value for
ROW. This is done so that Percona XtraDB Cluster is not started with wrong defaults leading to non-deterministic outcomes like crash. Bug fixed #1243228.
CREATE TABLE AS SELECTwas not replicated, if the select result set was empty. Bug fixed #1246921.
INSERTwould return deadlock instead of duplicate key on secondary unique key collision. Bug fixed #1255147.
- Joiner node would not initialize storage engines if
rsyncwas used for SST and the first view was non-primary. Bug fixed #1257341.
- Table level lock conflict resolving was releasing the wrong lock. Bug fixed #1257678.
- Resolved the perl dependencies needed for Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.5. Bug fixed #1258563.
- Obsolete dependencies have been removed from Percona XtraDB Cluster. Bug fixed #1259256.
- GCache file allocation could fail if file size was a multiple of page size. Bug fixed #1259952.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster didn’t validate the parameters of wsrep_provider_options when starting it up. Bug fixed #1260193.
- Runtime checks have been added for dynamic variables which are Galera incompatible. Bug fixed #1262188.
- Node would get stuck and required restart if DDL was performed after
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK. Bug fixed #1265656.
- xtrabackup-v2 is now used as default SST method in wsrep_sst_method. Bug fixed #1268837.
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCKbehavior on the same connection was changed to conform to MySQL behavior. Bug fixed #1269085.
- Read-only detection has been added in
clustercheck, which can be helpful during major upgrades (this is used by
xinetdfor HAProxy etc.) Bug fixed #1269469.
- Binary log directory is now being cleanup as part of the XtraBackup SST. Bug fixed #1273368.
- Deadlock would happen when
NULLunique key was inserted. Workaround has been implemented to support
NULLkeys, by using the
md5sum of full row as key value. Bug fixed #1276424.
This release contains almost 100 fixed bugs, complete list of fixed bugs can be found in our release notes.
Please see the 5.5.37-25.10 releases notes for complete details on all of the new features and bug fixes. Help us improve quality by reporting any bugs you encounter using our bug tracking system. As always, thanks for your continued support of Percona!
Percona XtraDB Cluster Errata can be found in our documentation.