Based on MySQL 5.6.16, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.16-64.1 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.6.16-64.2 milestone at Launchpad.
- The upgrade to Percona Server 5.6.16-64.1 would silently comment out any options in
my.cnfthat have paths specified that contain
share/mysql. Bug fixed #1293867.
- Percona Server could fail to start after upgrade if the
lc-messages-diroption was set in the
my.cnfconfiguration file. Bug fixed #1294067.
- Dependency on
mysql-commonpackage, introduced in Percona Server 5.6.16-64.0 could lead to wrongly chosen packages for upgrade, spurious removes and installs with some combination of packages installed which use the mysql libraries. Bug fixed #1294211.
- These three bugs were fixed by removing the dependency on mysql-common package.
- Percona Toolkit UDFs were missing from Debian/Ubuntu packages, this regression was introduced in Percona Server 5.6.16-64.0. Bug fixed #1296416.
- Percona Server installer will create the symlinks from
libperconaserverclientduring the installation on CentOS. This was implemented in order to provide the backwards compatibility after the
libmysqlclientlibrary has been renamed to