Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server 5.5.36-34.0 on March 10th, 2014 (Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). Based on MySQL 5.5.36, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.5.36-34.0 is now the current stable release in the 5.5 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.36-34.0 milestone at Launchpad.
- Debian and Ubuntu packaging has been reworked to meet the packaging standards.
- Ability to change database for mysqlbinlog has been ported from Percona Server 5.1
- Percona Server has implemented Slow Query Log Rotation and Expiration feature to provide users with better control of slow query log disk space usage.
- In order to comply with Linux distribution packaging standards Percona‘s version of
libmysqlclienthas been renamed to
libperconaserver. The old name was conflicting with the upstream
libmysqlclient. Except for packaging,
libmysqlclientand libperconaserverclient of the same version do not have any differences. Users wishing to continue using
libmysqlclientwill have to install the corresponding package of their distribution, such as
mysql-libfor CentOS and
libmysqlclient18for Ubuntu/Debian. Users wishing to build software against
libperconaserverclient-devpackage. An old version of Percona-built
libmysqlclientwill be available for download.
- The XtraDB version number in
univ.iwas incorrect. Bug fixed #1277383.
- Percona Toolkit UDFs were only shipped with RPM packages. Bug fixed #1159625.
- Server could crash if it was signaled with
SIGHUPearly in the server startup. Bug fixed #1249193 (upstream #62311).
- Server could crash if XtraDB innodb_dict_size_limit option was set due to incorrect attempts to remove indexes in use from the dictionary cache. Bugs fixed #1250018 and #758788.
- Fix for bug #1227581, a buffer pool mutex split regression, was not complete, thus a combination of write workload and tablespace drop could crash the server if InnoDB compression was used. Bug fixed #1269352.
- Binary RPM packages couldn’t be built from source tarballs on Fedora 19. Bug fixed #1229598.
- Percona Server that was compiled from source package had different server version string from that of binary packages. Bug fixed #1244178.
- InnoDB did not handle the cases of asynchronous and synchronous I/O requests completing partially or being interrupted. Bugs fixed #1262500 (upstream #54430), and #1263087 (Andrew Gaul).
- Fixed the
CMakewarnings that were happening when
Makefilewas generated. Bugs fixed #1274827 (upstream #71089).
- Percona Server source tree has been reorganized to match the MySQL source tree layout closer. Bug fixed #1014477.
- On Ubuntu Precise multiple architecture versions of
libmysqlclient18couldn’t be installed side by side. Bug fixed #1052636.
Other bugs fixed: #1005787.