The Percona Cloud Tools beta service continues to grow its query analysis capabilities with new features for reviewing queries. These enhancements will:
- Provide better visibility into the query performance of your next code deployment
- Introduce query organization tools for efficiency
- Foster better collaboration in teams
Join the hundreds of other users who are using Percona’s MySQL expertise and Percona Cloud Tools to improve the performance of their applications. Of course, it’s free during the beta.
Query Review gives you the right resources to efficiently review your application’s most important database activities. New tools enable you to assess, categorize, and comment on each of your application’s queries.
New, Reviewed, Needs Attention
Investigating a problem? Now when you review your application’s queries, we’ll keep track of queries you’ve evaluated so you don’t have to. All queries can be marked as “New,” “Reviewed,” or “Needs attention.” We mark queries as “New” by default. These three phrases will save you significant time and can help you more efficiently perform query analysis as a team. New filters in Percona Cloud Tools also allow you to quickly assess the performance of new queries introduced in your latest code deployment.
Query tags are a flexible way to allow your team to use your own language to categorize queries. There are many ways to use tags. One approach we recommend is to record which queries belong to different sub-systems of your application such as ‘checkout’ or ‘hotel-search’. This should help to connect the experiences of your application’s users to the underlying queries.
Sorts, filters, and search
You spoke and we listened. Finding queries is now easier than ever in Percona Cloud Tools with tools for sorting, filtering, and free text search. Feel free to send other feature suggestions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Extended slow log metrics/verbosity did not work for Percona Server 5.1 or Percona Server 5.5.10 and older because a variable name was changed as of Percona Server 5.5.10.
- Custom time range selection would be lost if the “Report” page was reloaded.
- When reporting interval for Query Analytics was set to less than 2 minutes, sometimes the service would stop working.
- Same server/agent was shown twice in the Performance tab
Thanks to all of the beta testers for using Percona Cloud Tools and providing feedback. Your suggestions and bug reports have been very helpful. Keep ‘em coming!
Still haven’t tried Percona Cloud Tools? Sign up today and you’ll be up and running minutes! Having trouble? We’re here to help. Follow the “Support” link after you sign in and tell us about the problem or join the Percona Cloud Tools conversation at Percona Forums.