The MySQL community came together last month for two days of outstanding technical tutorials and sessions at Percona Live London. And now many of those MySQL presentations are available for free download.
This year’s London conference saw a 20 percent spike in attendance compared with last year, with MySQL professionals from 31 countries gathering in the U.K. capital for compelling keynotes (including Oracle’s Tomas Ulin and Percona’s Peter Zaitsev) along with in-depth tutorials and insightful breakout sessions.
And as a “thank you” for your continuing support of the Percona Live series of conferences, we’re also offering an additional $25 off registration for April’s Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2014 (April 1-4 at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara & The Santa Clara Convention Center). Enter the discount code “MPB” at checkout. This is in addition to the $200 you’ll save off standard registration when you reserve your spot by Jan. 5!
And in case you missed the news, the Call for Papers deadline has been extended to Dec. 7. Accepted speakers will receive a full conference pass worth over $1,500. Submit your talk at the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2014 website.
The following presentation slides are now available for free download from the two-day Percona Live London conference:
- Opening Keynote: The Changing MySQL Ecosystem (Peter Zaitsev)
- InnoDB Architecture and Performance Optimization (Peter Zaitsev)
- Operational DBA In A Nutshell! Hands On Tutorial! Part 1 (Kenny Gryp, Dimitri Vanoverbeke, Liz van Dijk)
- Operational DBA In A Nutshell! Hands On Tutorial! Part 2 (Kenny Gryp, Dimitri Vanoverbeke, Liz van Dijk)
- Query Optimization with MySQL 5.6: Old and New Tricks (Jaime Crespo)
- Backups in the Real World: Challenges and Solutions (Ryan Huddleston)
- common_schema: DBA’s framework for MySQL (Shlomi Noach)
- Database Performance: What Really Matters? (Peter Zaitsev)
- Fulltext engine for non-fulltext queries (Adrian Nuta)
- How To Understand Galera Replication (Alexey Yurchenko)
- Inspecting a multi-everything Linux machine (Aurimas Mikalauskas)
- MySQL performance monitoring using Statsd and Graphite (Art van Scheppingen)
- MySQL schemas: versioning and deployment automation in production (Frederic Descamps)
- Need for Speed: MySQL Indexing (Oli Sennhauser)
- Percona at bodybuilding.com (Ratheesh Kaniyala)
- PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA in MySQL 5.6: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Valerii Kravchuk)
- Practical sysbench (Peter Boros)
- The Shard Revisited: Tools and Techniques Used at Etsy (John Goulah)
We’ll be adding new slides as they come in, so if the presentation you’re looking for from Percona Live London 2013 isn’t there already, keep checking in or tell me which one you need in the comments and I’ll track it down for you. You can find the complete program here.
Percona Live London was a great event and we look forward to the biggest and best MySQL conference of the year in Santa Clara, Calif. in April 2014! (Don’t forget the promo code “MPB” for $25 off registration.)