Thanks to everyone who participated in Percona Live London 2013. We had a great event with nearly 20% higher attendance versus 2012. This year’s conference featured participation by representatives from Oracle including a compelling keynote by Tomas Ulin. The conference featured 10 tutorial sessions on Monday and 4 keynotes and 30 breakout sessions on Tuesday.
I personally found the keynotes highly interesting. Peter Zaitsev of Percona discussed the changing face of the MySQL ecosystem and stressed that the community is better off when we are all together, not fragmenting the community. Robert Hodges of Continuent delved into some of the obvious and not so obvious challenges of deploying MySQL in the cloud and specifically on Amazon Web Services. Then Monty Widenius of the MariaDB Foundation provided information on MariaDB 5.5 and MariaDB 10. Tomas Ulin of Oracle then followed with comments on MySQL 5.6 and MySQL 5.7 and showed some early and impressive MySQL 5.7 performance benchmarks.
Attendees came from 31 countries with the largest group (48%) from Great Britain followed by 7.5% from both Sweden and the United States. Other countries represented included The Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Malta Spain, Hungary, Ireland, Russia, Switzerland, Greece, Italy, Poland, the United Arab Emirates, and many more.
We cannot hold MySQL community conferences without the support of sponsors. Huge thanks go to our sponsors which included:
- Diamond sponsor Continuent
- Platinum sponsors Fusion-io, Galera Cluster, and Virident
- Exhibitors Ivinco and Severalnines
- Media Sponsors Web & PHP Magazine and Software Developer’s Journal
- Additional Sponsor Devart
Besides our great sponsors, Percona Live events cannot succeed without the work of the Percona Live London Conference Committee. The conference benefited immensely from the hard work of:
• Cedric Peintre (Conference Chairman)
• Todd Farmer
• Ivan Zoratti
• David Busby
• Ben Mildren
• Kenny Gryp
As we look forward to 2014, the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo is already on the horizon. The 2014 edition is April 1-4 at the Santa Clara Convention Center and Hyatt Santa Clara in California. Two important dates are just around the corner:
• The Call for Papers ends November 22nd – submit your proposals now for tutorials, breakout sessions or Lightning Talks for our highly qualified Conference Committee to review
• Super Saving Pricing ends November 17th – register now to lock in the lowest rate for the biggest MySQL conference of the year
Thanks to the MySQL community for your continuing support of the Percona Live series of conferences. Percona Live London was a great event and we look forward to the biggest and best MySQL conference of the year in Santa Clara in April 2014!