The final release is almost ready. Thank you to everyone who has been testing and filing bugs. You’ve been a big help and we can’t wait for you to see the fantastic results. Currently the team is doing the final polish and testing on Percona Server 5.6 so look for the GA later this month.
Have you been evaluating or using Percona Server 5.6? What new features in Percona Server can you not live without? We’d like to hear about your experiences and the results you’ve seen in your applications. Share your thoughts in the comments below or send us a message.
Based on the recently released MySQL 5.6.13, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.13-60.5 is the third RC release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. Percona Server is an enhanced, drop-in MySQL replacement. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.6.13-60.5 milestone at Launchpad.
- Fixed Size for the Read Ahead Area has been ported from Percona Server 5.5
- If binary log was enabled, Fake Changes transactions were binlogged. This could lead to data corruption issues with deeper replication topologies. Bug fixed #1190580.
INFORMATION_SCHEMA.PARTITIONScould cause key distribution statistics for partitioned tables to be reset to those corresponding to the last partition. Fixed the upstream bug #69179. Bug fixed #1192354.
- Changes made to the
RPMscripts for previous Percona Server version caused installer to fail if there were different
datadiroptions in multiple configuration files. Bug fixed #1201036.
- Fixed the upstream bug #42415 that would cause
UPDATE/DELETEstatements with the
LIMITclause to be unsafe for Statement Based Replication even when
ORDER BYprimary key was present. Fixed by implementing an algorithm to do more elaborate analysis on the nature of the query to determine whether the query will cause uncertainty for replication or not. Bug fixed #1132194.
- When an upgrade was performed between major versions (e.g. by uninstalling a 5.1
RPMand then installing a 5.5 one),
mysql_install_dbwas still called on the existing data directory which lead to re-creation of the test database. Bug fixed #1169522.
- Fixed the upstream bug #69639 which caused compile errors for Percona Server with DTrace version Sun D 1.11 provided by recent SmartOS versions. Bug fixed #1196460.
- Fixed a regression introduced in Percona Server 5.6.12-60.4, where server wouldn’t be able to start if Atomic write support for Fusion-io devices was enabled. Bug fixed #1214735.