Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Monitoring Plugins 1.0.2 — high-quality components to add enterprise-grade MySQL monitoring and graphing capabilities to your existing in-house, on-premises monitoring solutions. The components are designed to integrate seamlessly with widely deployed solutions such as Nagios and Cacti, and are delivered in the form of templates, plugins, and scripts.
* Created Debian and RPM packages
* Added “Disk IOPS” graph to Cacti Linux Templates
* Added an option to pmp-check-unix-memory to disable overriding the status based on the largest process in memory (bug 1052368)
* Added ‘!=’ comparison operator to pmp-check-mysql-status (bug 1048627)
* pmp-check-mysql-replication-delay didn’t alert if second behing master is NULL (bug 1040528)
* pmp-check-pt-table-checksum reported OK when checksums table does not exist (bug 1114425)
* pmp-check-pt-table-checksum threw “Bad substitution” error on Debian (bug 1071802)
* Minor updates to the documentation (bugs 1021855, 1014814, 1125233)
A new tarball is available from downloads area or RPM and DEB packages from our software repositories. The plugins are fully supported for customers with a Percona Support contract and free installation services are provided as part of some contracts. In addition as part of Percona’s Remote DBA installation and setup of these tools are included with our services. You can find links to the documentation, forums and more at the project homepage.
With this release you can install/update plugins using packages, create disk IOPS graphs, monitor free linux memory on VMs properly w/o checking for the largest process and monitor Percona XtraDB Cluster node status using the following example command for Nagios config:
command_line /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/pmp-check-mysql-status -l $USER3$ -p $USER4$ -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -x wsrep_local_state -C '!=' -w 4
To install packages from Percona repo you can use one of the following commands:
yum install percona-nagios-plugins percona-cacti-templates
apt-get install percona-nagios-plugins percona-cacti-templates