October 21, 2014

Two quick site updates: videos online; Kindle edition

Two notes for readers. First, we have been publishing a great deal of video material on our companion site Percona.TV. This includes our recordings from past conferences, user group meetings, screencasts, and most recently our webinars. (I hate the proprietary formats and silly technical restrictions that the webinar companies impose. I figured out how to download the streams and convert them to formats that will upload to blip.tv and embed, so now they’re easy to watch.)

Second, you can now subscribe to this blog through Kindle, if that’s how you like to read your MySQL technical geekery. We’re in the Kindle store as MySQL Performance Blog. Happy reading!

About Baron Schwartz

Baron is the lead author of High Performance MySQL.
He is a former Percona employee.

Comments

1. Baron Schwartz says:

Publications launched through Kindle Publishing for Periodicals (KPP) are currently only available in the United States. Publications will be launched globally in the near future. Publishers from around the world are encouraged to participate and load their publications for sale.

Sorry :-(

2. Shinhan says:

The amazon page for the Kindle subscription says its not available in Europe…

3. Gerry says:

You can always use Calibre to read off the RSS feed and convert into an ebook for free: http://calibre-ebook.com/ it works on (almost) any OS.

My $.02
    G

4. Scott says:

Doh, nevermind. For some reason I thought the Nook market was released, apparently not until a later release. The Nook is Barnes and Noble’s version of the Kindle.
    Sorry for the confusion, and as always, great work, I look forward to perusing the webinars!

5. Baron Schwartz says:

6. Scott says:

Any chance for nook integration?

7. Scott says:

Any chance for nook integration?

8. Scott, can you point me to a link about this? I can pass it on to the person in charge.

9. Scott says:

10. Gerry says:

My $.02
    G

11. Shinhan says:

The amazon page for the Kindle subscription says its not available in Europe…

12. From https://kindlepublishing.amazon.com/gp/vendor/kindlepubs/common/get-content?id=200492750, the FAQ,

Sorry :-(