Percona Server version 5.1.47-rel11.0 is available for download now.
The changes in this release include:
- Percona Server is now based on MySQL 5.1.47, and XtraDB is now based on InnoDB plugin 1.0.8.
- XtraDB now uses the fast recovery code released in InnoDB Plugin version 1.0.8, instead of Percona’s earlier fast-recovery code.
- Added the –percona_innodb_doublewrite_path option to place the double-write-buffer into its own file (issue #584299). The feature is sponsored by Large Social Network website.
- Added the –suppress_log_warning_1592 option to disable logging of error code 1592.
- Added the –microseconds_in_slow_query_log option to use microsecond precision for the slow query log’s timestamps (issue #358412).
- Added the –use_global_log_slow_control option to control slow-query logging globally without restarting, similar to –use_global_long_query_time.
- Added the –query_cache_strip_comments option to strip comments from query before using it in query cache.
- Added a global Innodb_deadlocks counter to SHOW STATUS, based on a patch by Eric Bergen (issue #569288, issue #590624).
- Added more tests to the MySQL test framework.
- #573100 Can’t compile 5.1.46
- #573104 separate name in INNODB_SYS_TABLES table
- #580324 Security bug in upstream
- #586579 Percona Server 11 fails to compile with CFLAGS=-DUNIV_DEBUG
- #569156 CentOS 5: mysql-server conflicts with MySQL-server
- #589639 Recovery process may hang when tablespaces are deleted during the recovery
- #570840 deb package conflicts with libdbd-mysql-perl
The binary packages are available on our website.
Starting from this release there is a uniform naming scheme for Percona binaries for 5.0 and 5.1 based packages. RPM are named as:
Percona-Server-<sub package>-<package suffix>-<mysql version>-<release number>.<revision number>.<os code>.<platform>.rpm
- “Percona-Server” is a name of the product.
- “server” or “client” – sub-package
- 51 – suffix, which means the packages are based on 5.1.x versions
Together “Percona-Server-server-51″ is the package name.
- 5.1.47 is the MySQL version the package is based on
- rel11.0 isÂ release number
- 46 is BZR revision
- rhel5 is an operating system code
- x86_64 is a platform
Percona Server obsoletes Percona XtraDB both on rhel and debian paltform. To install RPM or DEB package from Percona repository you just have to do “yum install Percona-Server-server-51″. If there is Percona-XtraDB installed it will be replaced by Percona Server. However Percona-Server doesn’t obsolete MySQL, so you have to deinstall it first. Conflicts are inevitable otherwise.
If there are MySQL dependantÂ applications already installed, you might want to install Percona Shared Compat package before installing Percona Server.
The latest source code of Percona Server, including development branch you can find on LaunchPAD.
For support, commercial and sponsorship inquiries contact Percona