September 2, 2014

XtraDB storage engine release 1.0.4-8

Dear Community,

We are glad to present you release 8 of XtraDB.

The release includes following new features:

• The release is base on 1.0.4 version of InnoDB plugin. We thank Schooner Information Technology for sponsoring and testing the port of XtraDB to 1.0.4
  • MySQL 5.1.39 as a base release

Fixed bugs:

The builds for RedHat4,5 and Debian are located on http://www.percona.com/mysql/xtradb/5.1.39-8/
The latest source code of XtraDB, including development branch you can find on LaunchPAD.

We are launching also the repository with Debian packages.
To install XtraDB with APT put in your /etc/apt/sources.list

Then run

Please report any bugs found on Bugs in Percona XtraDB Storage Engine for MySQL.
For general questions use our Pecona-discussions group, and for development question Percona-dev group.

For support, commercial and sponsorship inquiries contact Percona

About Aleksandr Kuzminsky

Aleksandr is a consultant and data recovery specialist.
He is a former Percona employee.

Comments

1. Phil Plante says:

Thank you for the deabian packages, makes my life much easier :)

2. Tyrael says:

\o/

gonna test it.

Tyrael

3. Dimitri says:

Hi Aleksandr,

source files are dated by 23/sep – were there any changes applied since this date or it’s ok? (I mean – if I compiled my binaries last week from XtraDB-8 source tree – are they still valid or I have to reload and recompile them again?)..

Thank you!

Rgds,
    -Dimitri

4. Aleksandr Kuzminsky says:

Hi Dimitri,

The last change made in a branch release-8 is dated by 30/09, so if you took sources from Launchpad, they should be up to date. I updated the source and RPMs for rhel4,5 on the website as well.

5. Oh thank you very much for the apt repo!

I do have one issue I have run into with 5.1.39 + XtraDB, and I am not sure if it’s just an issue with 5.1.39 ( need to test it against the vanilla release) but, I have noticed that neither PBXT nor SphinxSE seem to work as pluggable modules in 5.1.39 + XtraDB? If I build from 5.1.39 the plugins and try to install them, MySQL crashes in horrible ways.

I mention this prior to logging a real bug because I wanted to test more extensively first to make sure it’s not PEBCAK but thought I’d check to see about this? On an aside, are there any plans to add these in? PBXT is still an RC, but having the SphinxSE engine as a plugin already in the distribution would be pretty awesome.

6. Doonie says:

Nice work with the repo, all I’m missing now is one for Ubuntu and you got me hooked :)
    Keep up the amazing work and optimizations that makes a difference to our work.

7. @Doonie

I’m using Ubuntu 9 and the DEBs worked without any issues. Since MySQL 5.1.39 + XtraDB was already installed, after adding the repo, it didn’t need to update any packages so I cannot confirm that the repository works but I’m pretty sure it would if it’s basically the same as the .DEBs.

8. Doonie says:

Was hoping for that, will take the time to test it out asap :) Thanks for the comment Tim.

9. dm says:

The repo works for me in my Ubuntu Jaunty.

10. jimb says:

Still won’t install clean on CentOS 5.3

[jim@sqlt ~]$ sudo yum localinstall MySQL-server-percona-5.1.39-8.rhel5.x86_64.rpm –nogpgcheck
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
    Setting up Local Package Process
    Examining MySQL-server-percona-5.1.39-8.rhel5.x86_64.rpm: MySQL-server-percona-5.1.39-8.rhel5.x86_64
    Marking MySQL-server-percona-5.1.39-8.rhel5.x86_64.rpm to be installed
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * addons: centos.mirror.nac.net
    * base: mirrors.unbornmedia.com
    * epel: serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org
    * extras: mirror.trouble-free.net
    * updates: centos.mirror.nac.net
    Resolving Dependencies
    –> Running transaction check
    —> Package MySQL-server-percona.x86_64 0:5.1.39-8.rhel5 set to be updated
    –> Processing Conflict: mysql conflicts MySQL
    –> Finished Dependency Resolution
    mysql-5.0.77-3.el5.x86_64 from installed has depsolving problems
    –> mysql conflicts with MySQL-server-percona
    Error: mysql conflicts with MySQL-server-percona
    You could try using –skip-broken to work around the problem
    You could try running: package-cleanup –problems
    package-cleanup –dupes
    rpm -Va –nofiles –nodigest
    The program package-cleanup is found in the yum-utils package.

11. Udi says:

Hi,
    I am trying to install this in the background, using scr ipts. Is there a way to install it non-interactively? This includes answering upgrade questions like should I keep my previous my.cnf and /etc/init.d/mysql

Thanks,