The build 17 of MySQL with Percona patches is available.
New features in the release:
- MySQL-5.0.83 is taken as the basis
- The new patch innodb_use_sys_malloc.patch is added
- The new patch innodb_split_buf_pool_mutex.patch is added
- Google’s style IO – innodb_io_patches.patch
- FreeBSD .tar.gz package for amd64 platform is available
This patch splits the single global InnoDB buffer pool mutex into several mutexes for different purposes. This reduces mutex contention. It may help if you suffer performance loss when the working set does not fit in memory. You can detect buffer pool mutex contention by examining the output of SHOW INNODB STATUS and looking at the first section, SEMAPHORES.
You can download binaries and sources with the patches here
The Percona patches live on Launchpad : https://launchpad.net/percona-patches and you can report bug to Launchpad bug system:
For support, commercial and sponsorship inquiries contact Percona.