The release 0.8 of the opensource backup tool for InnoDB and XtraDB is available for download.
- New mode of innobackupex –stream=tar4ibd; new command tar4ibd based on libtar-1.2.11
- Experimental option –export is added (see Vadim’s post “Impossible – possible, moving InnoDB tables between servers”for details)
tar4ibd is made to be sure that read of InnoDB page is consistent. Before we had some complains what in stream mode some pages are getting corrupted, and we suspect tar can do read of pages in time when they changed. So we patches libtar to make read consistent.
Export is added to support moving .ibd tablespaces between servers.
The list of other features in the release includes:
- Support of ARCHIVE tables
- Addded incremental option to innobackupex-1.5.1 script
- Rollback XA PREPAREd transaction automatically at –prepare
- To extend tablespace size, if needed after –prepare
- Data page corruption check is added to local backup mode
- innobackupex can pass –export option
- Bug #389360: innobackupex-1.5.1 accepts scp options
- Bug #388062: Update to innobackupex to include incremental
- fix error handling of tar stream
The binary packages for RHEL4,5, Debian, FreeBSD as well as source code of the XtraBackup is available on http://www.percona.com/mysql/xtrabackup/0.8/.
The project lives on Launchpad : https://launchpad.net/percona-xtrabackup and you can report bug to Launchpad bug system:
https://launchpad.net/percona-xtrabackup/+filebug. The documentation is available on our Wiki.
For support, commercial and sponsorship inquiries contact Percona.