August 30, 2014

Landscape of Transactional Storage Engines for MySQL

I finally found a time to publish Landscape of Transactional Storage Engines slides on MySQL Presentations page , this is the talk which we gave on OSCON 2007 and which talks about current state behavior and performance properties of Innodb, Falcon, PBXT and SolidDB Storage Engines.

About Peter Zaitsev

Peter managed the High Performance Group within MySQL until 2006, when he founded Percona. Peter has a Master's Degree in Computer Science and is an expert in database kernels, computer hardware, and application scaling.

Comments

1. Tim Bunce says:

Thanks Peter. Sadly the fonts are badly messed up. It’s almost unreadable on my Mac.

2. Lukas says:

Cool .. I will read through it. We should try to get as much of this information into http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Category:StorageEngines

I will try to find some time for this over the weekend.

3. Scott MacVicar says:

It’s unreadable on Windows too, pdf conversion broken maybe?

4. Great article. The fonts were a bit difficult to read on Windows, but it was still legible. Do you know if Sysbench has been ported to Windows? If so, do you know where it can be downloaded from?

5. steph says:

Really interesting article, but I agree with Tim, font is, well, strange…
    at least on windows/foxit reader.

anyway thanks !

6. a5b says:

Hello
    Your PDF is broken and text from it can’t be extracted well. Can you remake this presentation, or allow somebody to reconvert (you can send source of presentation to me)?
    It is really hard to read this.

Thanks.

7. Very hard to read on linux with evince also, looks like some characters are on top of others.

8. Hi Peter,

I can double the font problem on the Evince reader, and Adobe Acrored 7.0 on Ubuntu Linux 7.04.

Dave.

9. Bill says:

Thanks for putting that online. Its hard to tell from the individual websites both the maturity level of the various new engines, as well as the performance potential. I had thought that PBXT and SOLID were much closer to production.

10. peter says:

Sorry about mixed up fonts. I trusted open office too much so did not check past first couple of slides which converted OK. I’ve now uploaded fixed version.